TUNING THE BINDING
In 2011, one year after his decision to design a Telemark product, Pierre assembles and tests his first prototype.
During the next 3 years, he produced numerous prototypes and conducted several secret field test campaigns in order to be able to patent a successful product.
MARKETING OF THE MEIDJO 1
MEIDJO was a hit when it was released in the fall of 2014.
During the winter of 2014-2015 changes are made to improve durability. Commonly called MEIDJO 1.2 - this evolution includes a reinforced springbox and incorporates several improvements.
235 MEIDJO 1 and 275 MEIDJO 1.2 were produced between October 2014 and June 2015.
MARKETING OF THE MEIDJO 2.0
The MEIDJO 2.0 incorporates a new low-tech and a completely new tension system.
- This new low-tech, more classic design incorporates the easy step-in stops machined in the mass,
- This new tension system incorporates longer springs and an end-of-stroke shock absorber, allowing more ample flex,
- In October 2015, THE M equipment marketed the Alpine heel piece, the knife holder as well as the ski stops in 5 widths,
- These new accessories are compatible with MEIDJO 1,
- Winter 2016-2017: Launch of the RedLine springs, 30% more powerful, which transforms the binding into a real track animal.
The first World Cup tests were carried out at Hintertux in December 2016.
MARKETING OF THE MEIDJO 2.1
MEIDJO 2.1 is the result of 3 years of field feedback. This version incorporates the following changes:
- A new, more rigid hoop system with wider anchoring on the ski, distributed to improve reliability and improve the binding on light touring skis,
- This new arch system allows the installation of the ski stops without removing the binding and above all integrates the ASP (Anti Snow Pack) which virtually eliminates snow jams,
- Ease of handling when hiking: integration of climbing blocks with side wings,
- During the winter of 2019, THE M Equipment introduced the “step-in” flat shoe: new Spring-Box mechanism (gearbox / connecting rod / touring plate) avoiding raising the spring box before putting it on (we can identify evolution with the appearance of two small ramps on the SpringBox).
MARKETING OF THE MEIDJO 3
MEIDJO 3.0 incorporates the following changes:
- Safety and ease of entry: a new low-tech, extremely powerful and intuitive,
- An eco-designed binding: integration of agro-sourced materials, to reduce our impact on the environment, which better meet the technical constraints of telemark.
MARKETING OF THE MEIDJO 3 BLACK
- Hits: 522